KYTO’s strategy is to develop a specialized vehicle for early stage technology and life science companies. KYTO acts as a mentor, advisor, external manager and investor for carefully reviewed and selected privately held companies in the USA, Canada and Israel.
- Post-seed early stage companies with strict criteria and after solid validation by KYTO’s board of advisors.
- Active role as a fee recipient advisor and mentor in each of the portfolio companies as well as KYTO holding a board or board-observer seat.
- Activity is equally distributed between technology and life science and the geographical interest is expected to be over 50% in the US, with the balance split between Canada and Israel.
- Investments are either in the form of secured convertible debt paying interest and offering a discount upon conversion to preferred shares, or directly into preferred shares.
- KYTO expects that each portfolio company has a “liquidity event” within 3-4 years of receiving a KYTO investment.
- KYTO does not lead financing transactions, but follows highly-vetted companies by groups of sophisticated and accredited investors such as Angel Bands.
E: [email protected]